CIA OPERATORS WERE DENIED REQUEST FOR HELP DURING BENGHAZI ATTACK
By Synthia Esther
October 27, 2012
Fox News reports confirmed through sources who were on ground in Benghazi during attack, urgent request for help from the CIA annex for military back-up when U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack hours later on the annex itself, were denied. Instead through CIA chain of command told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on September 11, 2012.
Tyrone Woods, former Navy Seal, was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. Consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission “in real time” to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to “stand down,” according to Fox New’s and sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were told once again to “stand down.”
Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight. They called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. Their request was again “denied”! The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. Facts confirm, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun where morters were fired at the CIA compound.
The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex were on for more than four hours – enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air Base, just 480 miles away, toarrive. Fox news has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told reporters at the Pentagon on Thursday that there was not a clear enough picture of what was occurring on the ground in Benghazi to send help. This is a lie. Reports now show, help was requested, help was needed, help was urgent to save fellow Americans from Death, to no avail. The Untied States Administration under President Obama, is responsible for the death of four innocent Americans. Murder. Plain and simple, they allowed four Americans to be murdered.
Read about this story and more at Synthia Esther’s website: www.concernedsingleamericans.com
Copyright – 2012, Synthia Esther. All Rights Reserved.